Kyle received his assignment from the Oklahoma Highway Patrol and he got Custer county. He's so excited! I'm excited, too, and am looking at this as an adventure. Although, I have to admit, I am very sad to leave our home and friends in Norman. We've lived here for 6 years and in this house for 4 1/2. It's become home and will always hold a special place in my heart.
BUT! There are some really good things about Weatherford:
- Kyle's dad lives there
- My bff Becca, her awesome husband Keith and they're adorable baby Brady live there.
- Becca has a pool =)
- It's a lot closer to KKKK: Kasey, Kyle, Kamrynn and Kynlee, which is a very, very good thing
- It's a lot closer to other people we love: Kyle's grandparents, Kyle's Papa, the Stotts family, the Keasler's...
- We already have a church to go to in Weatherford
- It's a small town with good schools and (mostly) friendly people
- It's the home of Heapin Helpins, my favorite BBQ place!
- It's not that far from OKC
- It's where Kyle and I met. Now everybody say awwww!
- I get to keep my job (because my boss is AWESOME) and commute 3 days each week to Oklahoma City. I'll work from home the other two.This is a tremendous blessing. I LOVE my job and the people I work with.
If you know anyone looking for a lovely 3 bed/2 bath home in a beautiful Norman neighborhood, send 'em my way, would ya?
To Weatherford we go!
Also, a side note to anyone finding out about this via the blog and not from me or Kyle personally: sorry. Everything has been a little crazy lately! We love you!