Monday, April 22, 2013

I'm Worn

"I'm worn. My prayers are wearing thin. I'm worn even before the day begins... I'm worn. I've lost my will to fight. I'm worn so heaven come and flood my eyes!"

Photo: screenshot of "Worn" lyrics video

I woke up one Monday morning with a heavy, lonely heart. I struggled to get ready for work and get dressed. I struggled getting Cannen ready and to school. I struggled because I didn't want to. I wanted to crawl under my covers and sulk and feel sorry for myself. But I didn't. And then I heard this song. And then I cried. Boy, did I cry.

This song is just ... perfect. And it reminded me that my situation is not unique and it's not impossible. I believe God uses these moments and seasons in our lives to teach us to lean on Him and to trust wholly and completely in Him.

I'm really doing some major leaning these days :)




-Wen

No comments: