Monday, October 14, 2013

Carnival. Camping. Church. Choir.

This weekend was a blast!

We took Cannen to the Carnival in the United parking lot. It was...underwhelming. Well, it was underwhelming to Kyle and I. The kid we had with us absolutely loved it. One of the things I love most about two year olds is that they are impressed by anything.

When we arrived Kyle and I looked at each and said, "yikes" but Cannen had a totally different reaction, yelling how neat the lights were and "that thing [the ferris wheel] is so so high!" He rode the cars four different times and the carousel once. I took him down the big slide and he won a penguin for shooting basketball. I'm tellin' ya, the kid is an awesome shot!








Not the carnival I remember from my childhood, but it certainly didn't matter to Cannen. He was thrilled to experience it and we were thrilled to be able to take him!

On Friday we met my parents, Nick, Taylor and Cade at Red Rock Canyon for one fun-filled night.



My parents had their camper and Nick took his tent. We couldn't have asked for better weather. The fire and s'mores were a big hit with the kids. On Saturday we went to the park, listened to Oklahoma get annihilated by Texas (bummer), and went for a hike. We played football, tennis and badminton, took naps, and went "exploring". Mom made a birthday cake for Dad and Nick and I ate a lot of it. Happy Birthday, guys!













Saturday night Kyle and I went with our Sunday school class to White Dog Hill for a nice, child-free dinner. Then on Sunday we went to church (we attend Pine Acres Church in Weatherford). Even if there was a Sunday that we didn't really want to go to church, Cannen wouldn't let us skip. He loves it so much (and so do we!). Oh and I joined the choir. I'm not an awesome singer by any means, but I really love it! It's so much fun and I've met so many nice people. Although, this particular Sunday I showed up - early, mind you - for choir and there was no choir. Too bad I never show up early when we are actually singing. I'll get better. I promise.

All in all a really great weekend!

xo
Wendy

No comments: