Wednesday, June 10, 2009

.38 Special

My family is pretty rockin’. My parents just celebrated their 38th wedding anniversary. 38 years! That is a great and remarkable feat, especially in today’s society where marriages are ended on a whim for only a few dollars, ending with an amicable pat on the back and an ‘it’s been nice knowing you’ mentality.

My childhood and Kyle’s could not have been more different. In fact, I’ve known Kyle for over 7 years and have never, not once, met his mother. How fortunate that I have two wonderful, loving, and supportive parents that love each other more than the day they got married. They are a wonderful example to me - to us - and I am so proud of them.

Recently, after I emailed my dear mother to congratulate them on their anniversary, she quickly responded, “Thanks. Yes, I am proud that we are celebrating 38 years. I still get a thrill when he comes home and we can be together.”

If that’s not love, I don’t know what is.

No comments: