Wednesday, June 3, 2009

It’s the Simple Things in Life….

I was having an all around crappy day today. Just…crappy. I really don’t know why, I just was. So, at lunch I decided to bolt out of the office and head to one of my favorite spots, Mardel, for a little pick-me-up. I made a beeline to the book section and discovered a gigantic sale on thousands of books. Thrilled, I began browsing the books with topics ranging from weight loss to dating to Islam and aethism. I saw some titles I knew, many I did not, but it just put me in a better mood. I purchased "Cure for the Common Life" by Max Lucado (for my Mom...shhhh) and "House" by Ted Dekker.

Heading to the register I happened upon a display of retro printed mugs, book marks, stationary, and lots of other goodies. If you know me, you know I'm a sucker for all things retro so I settled on a pack of book marks (better than the usual credit card bills I use to mark my place), adorable push pins for work, and a genius little organizer.

This was just the pick-me-up I needed. Here are the push pins. Aren't they cute?




It truly is the simple things in life…!

1 comment:

Felix Family said...

I love the RETRO stuff...I am doing my classroom in RETRO for next year. You know me...I LOVE color too. YES! you are totally right, it is the SIMPLE things in life that make life worth living. Adlee is in the stage of me singing to her before bedtime, and you me...I am NOT a singer at all, but she just LOVES it! PRICELESS! Have a great day! Love You!