Monday, November 7, 2011

so we had an earthquake

On Saturday morning shortly after 2 a.m., Oklahoma had an earthquake. I did not feel the earthquake and felt like I really missed out on something. I complained to friends and family. I complained via Twitter. I complained to strangers. I said, "I WANNA FEEL AN EARTHQUAKE!".

Well, the ole adage, "Be careful what you wish for" became a truth in my life when later that day, at approximately 11:38 p.m. Oklahoma had the largest and strongest earthquake in the state's history, a whopping 5.6 on the Richter scale.

Kyle and I sat in the living room, wide-eyed while our entire house shook. "EARTHQUAKE!" he yelled as he took off for Cannen's room, taking down the picture that hangs over his bed. I jumped up and started walking around. In circles. Not quite knowing what to do. "EARTHQUAKE!" I yelled, to no one in particular. "We're having a freaking earthquake!" I said to myself. Then I prayed. Then I went outside to see if there was still an outside. Then I came back inside and sat down. Then I kept feeling little tremors. Then I freaked out.

I take it back. I never, ever want to feel an earthquake. Well, never again anyway.

No comments: